Mountainside Dental Care Provides Dental Implants
Mountainside Dental Care provides a host of oral health services, including dental implant procedures, from our family dentistry practice in Yucaipa, California. Led by Dr. Steven M. Wolfram, our friendly team of specialists is committed to providing a comfortable environment and delivering exceptional oral healthcare. Among our specialties is performing dental implant procedures for patients who are missing one or more of their teeth. Tooth loss or decay can cause a plethora of problems, so it is essential to consider dental implants as a solution. Mountainside Dental Care can help you understand the procedure and its benefits. Contact us today for a consultation and to learn whether dental implants are right for you.
Dental Implants Replace One or More Missing Teeth
Missing teeth present problems that go well beyond appearance. When a tooth falls out, the resulting void can affect a patient’s entire mouth. Surrounding teeth may begin to converge and alter his or her facial structure, and gums may become more vulnerable to disease or infection. Additionally, the jawbone can start to deteriorate. However, dental implants can help prevent these consequences from occurring. Dental implants replace tooth roots, serving as a foundation for replacement teeth. As a result, they can help you maintain your facial structure and keep your jawbone strong. If you lose one or more teeth to decay or avulsion, ask Mountainside Dental Care about dental implant options.
Different Types of Dental Implants
The American Dental Association recognizes two types of implants as safe for use. People often opt for dental implants instead of bridges or dentures. But to receive dental implants, a patient must have healthy gums and a jawbone strong enough to support the tooth replacement option. The two types of dental implant options available to you are:
- Endosteal implants – We can surgically place this type of implant into your jawbone. After allowing your gum tissue to heal, we will perform a second surgery to connect a post to the original implant. We can then attach an artificial tooth or teeth to the post.
- Subperiosteal implants – This option involves placing a metal frame with posts onto the jawbone directly below a patient’s gum tissue. As the gums heal, the frame attaches to the jawbone. The posts will protrude from the gums and serve as a mount for artificial teeth.
Our Team Specializes in Dental Implant Procedures
The dental implant procedure is completed over the course of several months and multiple phases. We will inform you of everything you should expect before starting the process to ensure you are comfortable with each step. The phases include:
- Implant placement – Your first surgery will involve placing the implant in your jaw. It will take three to six months for it to integrate with your gum tissue.
- Post attachment – The implant and post may be placed simultaneously, but that is not always the case. This phase involves attaching a post to the implant so that the gum tissue can grow around it.
- Crown attachment – We will attach a customized crown to the implant post to serve as your replacement tooth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants have benefits that extend well beyond a flashier smile. They will improve your oral and overall health. The myriad benefits of dental implants include:
- Renewed confidence – As a result of a full, beautiful smile, you will have a newfound confidence that enables you to chew, speak, and laugh freely in public.
- Healthy natural teeth – We will not have to alter your natural teeth to perform a dental implant procedure, a contrast to the requirements for tooth-supported bridges as replacement teeth. As a result, your teeth and gums will remain healthy.
- Improved facial structure – Because dental implants serve as tooth roots, you will not have to worry about jawbone atrophy that could negatively impact your facial structure.
- Overall health – Dental implants help reduce the chances of periodontal disease, chronic infections, and inflammatory disease.
- Easy care – You can care for your dental implants just as you would your natural teeth.
Contact Mountainside Dental Care for Your Dental Implants
Missing teeth are much more than an aesthetic problem. They can affect your overall health. But the team at Mountainside Dental Care is adept at performing dental implant procedures to restore your smile and help you maintain a clean, healthy mouth. Do not procrastinate when it comes to your oral health. Let our dental experts in Yucaipa, CA help you immediately. Contact us today to schedule a consultation to learn more about dental implants and their benefits.